Sigma Alpha Mu (Sammy) – Virginia Beta Psi Chapter
- President: Benjamin Crozier
- Date founded at University of Virginia: 1968
- Chapter Size as of Spring 2017: 71
- Philanthropy: ΣAM Texas Hold’em Tournament and the ΣAM’s ‘All you can Eat’sters’ fundraiser for the Judy Fund at the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Philanthropy Chair: Jake Johnson
- Alumni Chair: Tom Smith
We are building off of our philanthropy success from last semester, as we raised over $6,000 for the Judy Fund of the Alzheimer’s Association and won a nationals award for our efforts. Once again, we will be raising money and awareness for the Alzheimer’s Association with a philanthropy event in April. Furthermore, many brothers have continually participated in Relay for Life events around grounds. Additionally, our house underwent a variety of housing improvements in the last year, including redone floors, painted walls, a renovated kitchen and a variety of new furniture. Finally, we had an extremely successful alumni weekend last semester that was very beneficial for brother-alumni relations.