Sigma Pi – Virginia Beta Pi Chapter
- President: Henry Booth
- Date founded at University of Virginia: April 4, 1959
- Chapter Size as of Spring 2017: 72
- Philanthropy: Surf and Turf for Building Tomorrow
- Philanthropy Chair: Jared Pearlman
- Alumni Chair: Zealand Shannon
Sigma Pi just finished a successful spring rush, bringing in a new pledge class with eighteen members. Last November we held our philanthropy ACE project Hoos Standing Up, which aimed to tackle racial discrimination and hate speech on Grounds after the influx of discriminatory graffiti around campus and in dorms. Our brothers had people sign pledges stating they would use Just Report It to report instances of discrimination they witnessed, and to be an active bystander. We are starting to gear up for our spring philanthropy Surf and Turf that will be taking place April 1st. Surf and Turf is a daylong all you can eat shrimp and steak cook featuring live music, and the proceeds are donated to Alzheimer’s Association.