Phi Society – Virginia Beta Chapter
- President: Terence Moriarty
- Date founded at University of Virginia: November 18th, 1873
- Chapter Size as of Spring 2020: 45 Actives and 18 New Members
- Philanthropy: Cystic Fibrosis
- Philanthropy Chair: Nicholas Chuckas
- Alumni Chair: Noah Bennetch ‘24
Phi Society is the only local chapter associated with the Inter-Fraternity Council at UVA. We trace our roots back to the foundation of Phi Delta Theta in 1848 at Miami of Ohio and the establishment of the Virginia Beta chapter of Phi Delta Theta at the University of Virginia in 1873. In 2000, with the support of our alumni we split from Phi Delta Theta nationally. Today, our chapter is thriving at One University Circle. Beginning in the Fall of 2019, we brought on a new house chef, Trish Tye, to re-establish the time honored tradition of brotherhood dinners. We continue our mission of fostering a brotherhood defined by friendship, moral rectitude, and sound learning.